Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day! ( to the real dads)

As most people know not only am I a mom who adopted but I am also adopted myself! All of my life I have had people ask me the dreaded ''real" question. It started as a child: Is that your real dad? Where are your real parents? As my kids became ours forever and always the questions began again : Are those your real kids? Are they real brothers and sisters? Is that their real dad?
Now I would love to spend a few years minutes talking about people and their completely rude and inappropriate questions, BUT I will save that for another day! This post is short and to the point. I want to take a moment and thank all the REAL dads out there.
The first men in my life either abused me or forgot me, but don't feel too sorry for me because it was not very long until I met my real dad!
 From a very early age I knew my dad was special, I knew he chose not only me but to love my mother,brothers and my sister unconditionally forever and always! He is not always open with his feelings but there has never been a day that I doubted his love and complete devotion to us all! So happy Father's day to my REAL DAD! 

In writing this post I had a lot of time to think about what a real dad really is.. And I have come up with a basic idea.
 A real dad makes many mistakes, But loves enough that he is always forgiven. A real dad is adored or despised ( depending on the age of the children) and knows that both mean he is loved!
A real dad will give up everything just to see their child's smile. A real dad will work 12 hour days just so he knows his little princess has plenty of clothes in her wardrobe, that same real dad will work 12 hour days and  come home to play ball with his boys.

A real dad will play and laugh when the weight of the world seems like it is on his shoulders.
A real dad knows that some times a kick from a raging six year old usually means that six year old really just needs a daddy hug.


 A real is always ready to give a hug or maybe just a lift for a while, he also knows when to just be there for you..


So to all the real dads out there, thank you! Thank you for loving us when we didn't know how to love you, thank you for being the dad you didn't have to be.




UNCLE JAMES

                                                DANIEL BRICE
           BENE BRICE



 Thank you to all the real dad's the blood ones, the heart ones and all the men that simply stepped up when no one else would.



In memory of Roger Seals

No comments:

Post a Comment