Sunday, May 6, 2012

Camping with the Princess

Meet the Princess, four years old , Hot tempered, and adorable! From the day we met this little ball of curls I knew we had our work cut out for us. Once you meet W.J. you will never forget her infectious smile OR her crazy loud scream! This little one does nothing in small doses! It is go big or go home! Miss Priss has a new favorite color every day, invents new words every hour and loves her God.

Somehow I have talked Rob into this plan I came up with . We will camp out in several state parks a couple times a month for our summer vacation this year. The kids are stoked, I am looking forward to it, Robert is horrified excited!
 I am a planner, I spend hours going over every detail of our vacations, from where we will sleep to what socks we will wear. And this first camping trip is no different. I have been researching the camp grounds, picking out matching out fits for my boys, I have a list of snacks,dvd's and coloring books for the road trip and the list goes on. But I have come to a little pink bump in the  road of  planning :


Princess W. owns ONE pair of shorts and ONE pair of blue jeans. She simply hates pants! She informs me daily that God's little princess's do NOT wear boy clothes!
 I am not sure what that makes me, considering the last dress I got excited over was that white one I wore when I said "I do".
 I have tried everything to glam up blue jeans but she won't budge, on stock show days she wears her ''Cow girl " pants as long as she has pink boots and a gigantic bow sitting on top of her blond curls. So coming back to our summer of camp outs,
Every time I put a ''camp'' appropriate outfit in the bag a little voice pipes up
"Ummm Mommy, those are for the boys,correct? Cause I like dresses."
 So I am asking for some advice!

HOW DOES A PRINCESS GO CAMPING!



2 comments:

  1. Have you asked the princess what she wants to wear? Then go with that. But tuck her jean and short in your bag when she isnt looking so you will have them. Maybe shorts under her dresses???? or take her shopping at the dollar store or goodwill for camping clothes. Cheap things that she might not wear except camping (kinda like her cowgirl clothes). What princess wouldnt like shopping???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I never thought of taking her to goodwill! I asked her what she thought she should wear and her answer was her purple shirt and pink skirt lol So I am thinking of packing her skirts and tops with shorts under and her pink rain boots and princess tennis shoes.. I also am going to check good will for a pair of jeans we could maybe bedazzle and paint, they would be her 'camp' jeans.

    ReplyDelete