Tuesday, May 1, 2012

D.J. Is a stinker......

So considering our little Monkey is almost three I probably should have know this by now right?
 But I honestly didn't, I promise. So I have lived a blissful two and a half years ignoring , not
realizing what a stinker he is. But it's not entirely my fault, I mean have you seen him!? Those big brown eyes paired with that cute little grin? I mean really! Would you ever suspect that behind all that cute, is a whining, sneaking, toy stealing little brat? Yes, I said the B word! My first clue should have been the great pinching episode!
 For a week when he was about nine months old
every time we got in the truck ( pre minivan days) Sister would hit and scream at our precious little monkey!? She was scolded and denied several treats because of this behaviour. Well about two
weeks in, we discovered monkey was pinching sister every time we got in the truck.  Then would proceed to cackle and coo as she got in trouble! I would like to say that was it! That we
ceased to allow our little guy to rule the roost. I would like to say that.

  D.J. Came to our home last, he was six weeks old and a very tiny preemie. He was always happy , of course that could be because between brother and sister, two sets of adoring grand parents and
a set of newbie parents that were scared to death , he was never 'ever' alone. Some one was always taking care of little D.
  Fast forward almost three years and little has changed except D. age two 1/2 now knows exactly how to use the situation to his advantage! If mommy says no, you can be sure big sister will say yes!

 Little D. Has been the apple of sisters eye since day one.They have always shared a room and a place in the car. In two and a half years they have only spent two days apart. They are 17 months apart and might as well be twins, they are so close.

 But back to the subject at hand, how can you remove the brat from the boy ? Especially when the boy is so cute even as the brat!? I'll admit we have not  figured it all out but rest assured we are working on it. Demanding honesty and respect is our starting point. Now if we can just  convince sister and big brother that all those rules also apply to

                                                          "The not so Little D."

No comments:

Post a Comment